Latest Episode: Rule 222
Question from Mike, Data Center manager in NYC:
“We were recently told that if we want our generators to earn money in demand response, they have to pass “Rule 222.” What is Rule 222 and how do we pass it?”
In this episode, CPower Energy Engineer Arusyak Ghukasyan demytifies the new regulation that affects the greater NYC area’s distributed generation assets ability to enroll in demand response.
Question from James, Facility Manager:
“I have been told that I can NOT participate in demand response programs using my backup generator.
Is this true?”
In this episode, CPower’s Director of Engineering Ray Berkebile simplifies the complexities of backup generation and demand response.
The (Recent) History of Backup Generator Regulation
Let’s take a few minutes to talk about the history of one of the most important federal regulations when it comes to back up generators, one that has a big impact on generators participating in demand response.
Can Energy Efficiency Projects be Monetized in PJM?
If you’ve completed an energy efficiency project within the last year and still own the capacity rights to the energy you reduced, CPower can likely offer your reduction into the PJM Capacity Market (RPM).
Submit your question to the Energy Engineer’s Notebook:
Fill out the form below and your question may be the subject of an Energy Engineer’s Notebook episode.
(If your question isn’t selected for an episode, a CPower engineer will get back to you with an answer.)
- 30+ years of energy industry experience
- Personally assessed over 3000 back-up generators from 2015-2019
- Member National Engineering Honor Society
- Die-hard Philadelphia Phillies fan
- 9+ years of experience in the energy industry
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Mother, wife, avid snowboarder
- 10+ years of engineering experience
- Former mechanical engineer, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Drummer, keyboardist, guitarist
- Ph.D. in mechanical engineering
- 10+ years of energy engineering experience
- Former college professor
- Hiker, word-traveler, weight-lifter