National Grid’s Commercial System Relief Program
Earn revenue for being part of the solution when your local distribution utility is stressed.
In 2016, the New York Public Service Commission mandated that your local utility provide a Commercial System Relief Program (CSRP) throughout their entire service territory as part of a statewide effort to develop a new regulatory framework which includes incentives to leverage the deployment of distributed energy resources such as demand response.
When your organization participates in your local utility’s Commercial System Relief Program (CSRP), you are paid a reservation and energy payment from CPower to save energy. You play a significant role in protecting the grid, preserving the environment, and helping to keep energy prices stable in your community.
- Your participation in the CSRP is managed by an aggregator, which is a licensed energy management company that facilitates your demand response.
- CPower, a leading aggregator of demand response in New York, will provide a team of energy experts who work with you to develop and fine tune an energy management strategy that suits your specific needs.
- When the New York grid is stressed, you’re notified and curtail your load based on the strategy your and your aggregator create.
- Your organization gets paid for using less energy.
- Your CPower team is with you every step of the way, and can help you earn even more revenue by participation in other NY demand response programs.