As a leading energy manager in all of the country’s open energy markets, CPower helps businesses by creating optimized energy management strategies that suit each customer’s specific needs. We serve over 1000 commercial and industrial customers at over 7000 sites nationwide, and we provide each with a customer experience that is unparalleled in our industry.
Although our name is national, our teams are local. If you operate in multiple markets, CPower has experts in each market to keep you informed and on top of your energy use and spend, all through a single point of contact. CPower makes it easy for you to make the right energy management decisions across your entire organization.
CPOWER MATCHES YOUR CLIENTS WITH THE OPTIMAL ENERGY MANAGEMENT STRATEGY. At CPower, we understand that energy management is not a one-size-fits-all endeavor.
That’s why we take the time to learn about the intricacies of your business.
Then we sharpen your energy management strategy with the optimal combination of demand response and demand management programs.*
DEMAND RESPONSE PROGRAMS pay organizations to respond to grid stress by reducing energy load:
- CAPACITY PROGRAMS CREATE LONG TERM GRID STABILITY BY PAYING ORGANIZATIONS TO CURTAIL THEIR LOAD WHEN CALLED BY THE ISO TO RELIEVE STRESS.The ISO is essentially creating a “reserve” they can count on during the few times a year when the grid is stressed due to demand outpacing supply.
- ECONOMIC PROGRAMS PAY ORGANIZATIONS FOR REDUCING THEIR ENERGY CONSUMPTION AT TIMES WHEN MARKET PRICES ARE ESPECIALLY HIGH.This creates savings for both organizations and their communities.
- ANCILLARY SERVICES PAY ORGANIZATIONS TO BE ON CALL TO MAKE QUICK ENERGY REDUCTIONS IN THE RESPONSE TO SUDDEN, SHORT TERM GRID INSTABILITY.This situation occurs when there are abnormal losses of generation or transmission failures.
DEMAND MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS help your organization’s bottom line ( and the grid ) by improving how you use energy:
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY – CPOWER CAN HELP ORGANIZATIONS UPGRADE FACILITIES TO IMPROVE ENERGY EFFICIENCY. In some markets, the amount of energy saved as a result of these improvements can be offered into an auction, thus creating potential revenue for an organization.
- PEAK LOAD MANAGEMENT ARE PROGRAMS THAT HELP OFFSET PEAK LOAD CONTRIBUTION (PLC) CHARGES WHICH CAN BE 20 – 30% OF AN ORGANIZATION’S ENERGY BILL. Peak load charges are based on a facility’s average electricity demand during the overall grid system’s peak.
*Individual programs vary by market.
Find out which programs should become part of
your energy management strategy.
Contact CPower and set up a complimentary energy evaluation for your business, conducted by
our team of engineers and consultants.