what is demand response?
Your organization is plugged into the grid along with everyone else in your market. Sometimes, the demand for electricity outpaces the grid’s ability to supply it, causing brownouts or even blackouts.
That’s where CPower comes in.
We help organizations like yours participate in demand response programs, which pay businesses for using less energy when the grid is stressed.
- CPower helps you to identify where you can curtail energy and still meet your needs to run your business.
- We help you develop your energy strategy and maximize your demand management participation.
- When the grid is stressed, our dispatch team sends a notification and you comply based on your plan.
- You reduce your usage for a specified period of time and you get paid for the energy you didn’t use.
- CPower helps you improve your Demand Response performance over time, so you can earn even more money.
Maximize Your Energy Management Earnings with CPower.
DEMAND RESPONSE PROGRAMS pay organizations to respond to grid stress by reducing energy load:
- CAPACITY PROGRAMS CREATE LONG TERM GRID STABILITY BY PAYING ORGANIZATIONS TO CURTAIL THEIR LOAD WHEN CALLED BY THE ISO TO RELIEVE STRESS.The ISO is essentially creating a “reserve” they can count on during the few times a year when the grid is stressed due to demand outpacing supply.
- ECONOMIC PROGRAMS PAY ORGANIZATIONS FOR REDUCING THEIR ENERGY CONSUMPTION AT TIMES WHEN MARKET PRICES ARE ESPECIALLY HIGH.This creates savings for both organizations and their communities.
- ANCILLARY SERVICES PAY ORGANIZATIONS TO BE ON CALL TO MAKE QUICK ENERGY REDUCTIONS IN THE RESPONSE TO SUDDEN, SHORT TERM GRID INSTABILITY.This situation occurs when there are abnormal losses of generation or transmission failures.
DEMAND MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS help your organization’s bottom line (and the grid) by improving how you use energy:
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY. CPOWER CAN HELP ORGANIZATIONS UPGRADE FACILITIES TO IMPROVE ENERGY EFFICIENCY. In some markets, the amount of energy saved as a result of these improvements can be offered into an auction, thus creating potential revenue for an organization.
- PEAK LOAD MANAGEMENT ARE PROGRAMS THAT HELP OFFSET PEAK LOAD CONTRIBUTION (PLC) CHARGES WHICH CAN BE 20 – 30% OF AN ORGANIZATION’S ENERGY BILL. Peak load charges are based on a facility’s average electricity demand during the overall grid system’s peak.
*Individual programs vary by market.